Friday 25 May 2012

GLOBAL WARMING KILLS BRAIN CELLS

I seem to meet quite a lot of people who tell me I should do this, that or the other, or, more probably that I shouldn't do this, that or the other, because of climate change / global warming.

I generally ask them a couple of questions:

"What is the most compelling evidence you have seen of man's causality in climate change?"

And

"What's the best evidence you have seen that man can control climate change?"

Amazingly enough, I have never yet had a straight, factual answer to either question. The response I do get is a hateful look of the kind reserved for, I imagine, paedophiles, or some other species of vileness in the eye of the beholder, and the following sort of rhetoric:

"Ah... you're a climate change DENYER, are you?"

Nope. I'm not even a fully paid up climate change sceptic. Now. Where's your data?

I am a sceptic, though, about anything which becomes orthodoxy, which becomes axiom. Why? Because it offends the human capacity to inquire, to think.

It may be easy. But is it right?

I live in hope that someone is going to give me an answer to my two questions.

I will listen with a very genuine interest and curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment