Monday 1 February 2016

HIBERNATING

Landrover are running an advertising campaign, which is currently in UK cinemas.

It has as its tagline the epithet - HIBERNOT.

The idea is, have a landrover, free yourself to get out and enjoy the great outdoors in winter.

I was interested, as I feel the hibernation tendency greatly at present.

But guess what? The ad featured lots of glorious scenes of winter activities all beautifully shot in marvellous outdoor settings featuring hoar coated trees, snowy mountain sides, evocative rivers and forests in golden light. Not a single frame of grey sky.

But for what seems like months now that's what we've had. Endless days and weeks of grey or half dark days, followed by darkness, followed by more flat half light.

It's that from which us SAD sufferers recoil.

Put me up a mountain, with glorious blue skies and snow everywhere, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with winter.

Wrap me in cloud and fog and hide me from the sun. Think I'll hibernate.

No comments:

Post a Comment