Thursday 8 September 2016

PUZZLED

We want to see gender balance in Boardrooms. yes?
We stand against sexism, yes?
And we acknowledge the argument (so respected it does not need to be repeated) that gender balanced Boards are in fact good for business, add value. Yes?

So here's a little puzzle with which I've been struggling.

Let's assume there are, say, seven Board members of an organization. And they're all men. Between them they add their value to the organization - a combined total represented as £7 - one pound coin each.

Now, there's a woman can add value too. £1. She's as able as any man.

By rebalancing the gender mix of the Board, greater value can be added. How?

1 comment:

  1. Henry I have added your blog to my blog as a link. let me know if you want me to take it off...keep writing.

    ReplyDelete