Saturday 16 July 2011

A CLIENT CALL

CLIENT: I have a decision to make. I want your view.

ME: OK what's the decision?

CLIENT: I've been offered two jobs. One is full time in England. It pays £40,000 more than the second. The second is in Paris. It pays as I said less. But it's only four days a week. I can't decide which to take.

ME: You've already decided.

CLIENT: Have I?

ME: Oh yes. If the English job was on the terms and conditions of the Parisian job there would be no contest. You'd take the Parisian job. You've already decided that, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion. Living and working in Paris is more attractive to you. Why not? All you need to ask yourself is if you prefer that experience enough to offset the £40000.

CLIENT: I do.

ME: I thought so.

CLIENT: Why has no one else looked at it in this way?

ME: I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment