Sunday 13 November 2011

BOMBAY ROASTIES

If you come to Berry Towers you are unlikely to get served a curry. I don't know why. It doesn't somehow seem hospitable enough. But today, the Missus was in a curry sort of a mood, and we had friends coming for lunch who are well known curryholics. So I turned my mind to matters spicy.
I've never made Bombay potatoes before. I think I've probably never even eaten them. But I had a hunch that proper roasties Bombay stylee could prove a winner. I was right. I feel unreasonably chuffed with myself for the result. Here's how.
Take King Eds. Peel em. Par boil. Drain off water. Shake em in the pan, adding a spoon or two of flour and seasoning.
Put oil in a roasting pan. More than you think is decent. Heat it up for three or four minutes. Then add two or three spoonfuls of curry paste, mixing this into the oil. I used Patak's Tikka. Take the drained spuds. Turn each individually in the oil / curry mixture. Chop two onions roughly and chuck em in. Roast for about forty minutes. About five or six minutes from the end, chop coriander and mint and toss this across the top.
Serve with yoghurt. And a cold Becks.
Listen to mmmmms, oooohs and aaahs.
Encourage naughty scraping of the pan's delicious burned on crunchy / spicy bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment