Saturday 19 February 2011

SAVING OUR PLANET

My TV screen is full of glum people telling me how dire are the consequences of climate change and how all our carbon emissions are causing it. Somewhere, in the funding cosmos, it is now written that, if you want to get lolly for a TV programme, this is the line that has to be taken. Academic friends of mine tell me it is also so for research budgets. Fine, if you're a climatologist or geographer. A bit more tricky if your research is into Wordsworth, or theology.
I am pretty sick of hearing about it to be honest.
And I have a simple suggestion to help reduce carbon emissions.
It culd easily be launched by all those furrow browed TV presenters.
Get people to turn their TVs off.
Job done.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but we'd all want to watch reality TV shows about people living without a telly...!

    ReplyDelete