Friday 18 February 2011

A SHORT HISTORY OF........... BOSSES

It is appraisal time.
Here, in no particular order, are my appraisals of all the bosses I’ve ever had.

1. Stupid. Insulting. Had to tell you where to stick it.
2. Snobbish. Insulting. Had to tell you where to stick it.
3. You recruited me because I was a racing cyclist. A dubious strategy. But you were a delightful old buffer, who made mundane stuff fun.
4. You were a top bloke. You became a friend.
5. A spaniel in looks and habits. Bark, but no bite. You thought you might have a go at biting. Had to tell you where to stick it.
6. Intolerable bully. Had to tell you where to stick it.
7. Nice bloke. Shame you were on the fiddle.
8. A gentleman, in corduroys.
9. An ex RSM who terrified everyone, but somehow took me under your wing. For once in my life I was the golden boy and could do no wrong.
10. A piss taker with little or no management skill. Kind, though.
11. The best of all. Clear, empowering, kind.
12. A small minded, pompous twat. Had to tell you where to stick it.
13. A camp micro-manager with a mean streak. Had to tell you where to stick it.
14. A good bloke. Shame they sent you to prison.
15. Drunk in charge.
16. You thought you were God’s gift. God didn’t agree.
17. Intolerant politico. A nasty bit of work.
18. Nice guy. Liberating. Well, you fired me, at least.
19. Barely human. Even now my flesh creeps when I think of you.
20. A knob. But a charming one.
21. Too stressed to realise your obvious potential.
22. Self employed. The worst boss of all.

2 comments:

  1. Thought as this was such a fun concept I would add.

    1. Eccentric
    2. Saved my life (actually not figuratively) Twice
    3. Inspirational from the front leader
    4. Over opinionated of himself and insulting
    5. Intuitive and calm
    6. Mad as Fish
    7. Lost and given up the fight
    8. Absolutely Defining and set me free
    9. Living in the past, too many colours in black and white

    ReplyDelete